Scratch Plate Part 2

I gave the scratch plate a good go with a little bit of recording. It works well but it could have gone a little higher up the body. It’s good enough to stop me from digging holes like I wanted but the thumbpick is scratching the paint off the guitar a bit. It’s a crappy paint job so I don’t mind.

The sound is really impressive, especially using the P90 single-coil. There is a little bit of humming because the strings aren’t grounded but the scratch plate is so it’s mostly fine.

As I was happy with the result of the current progress, I figured that I should give it a coat of paint.

This is how it started.

how it started
pre-prep

I sanded back the original paint. post-prep
post-prep2

Then I started painting. post-paint
post-paint2

I managed to paint it way too dry and it was a really rough finish.

The back went on great so I just left that as it was.

pre-second-coat2

This is how it looked after sanding the front all flat again and got it ready for another hit of paint.

pre-second-coat

And the finished result.

finished
finished2

I turned around the pickup too because the switch was activating the front pickup in the back position.

This job is done… :)